Memorize Effectively with these 3 Lifestyle Changes
I always felt that it was so unfair how some people can just naturally remember things easily while I struggle to memorize even the smallest of things. But then I realized that just like we can strengthen our muscles through exercise, we can strengthen our brain and train it to memorize better!
So, these are the 3 Lifestyle Changes that will improve your memory for good!
1. Exercise your Brain
Our Brain is one of the most important organs, but as we grow older, we forget to train it. But no matter what age you are, brain exercise will help boost your memory and improve mental sharpness!
A list of Brain Exercises is given below. Make these a part of your lifestyle to stimulate and transform your brain!
- Playing Games: Games like jigsaw Puzzles, crosswords, chess and sudoku that challenge your brain are termed as cognitive leisure activities and according to a 2017 study, it decreases the risk of cognitive impairment!
- Learning a New Language: According to a 2019 study, it can help strengthen the connectivity between different areas of the brain!
- Learning a New Skill: It engages the brain and helps overall improve brain function.
- Learning a Musical instrument
- Increasing your vocabulary
2. Eat Healthier
With high pressure on us to perform better, we tend to engage ourselves in studying or working so much that we overlook what goes inside us. This not only impacts our physical health but also decreases our mental efficiency!
Foods high in saturated fats (like cheese, poultry, ice cream) deteriorate our concentration power and can make us feel drowsy.
On the other hand, the following food elevates your focus and memory-
- Green Tea
- Dark Chocolate
- Pumpkin Seeds
Incorporate these into your regular diet and I promise you’ll feel a positive difference soon.
This is because sleep strengthens our memories. So, don’t compromise on your 7 to 8 hours!
So, if you want to memorize something, make it a habit to read it once before you go to sleep. It will be something you’ll remember for a long time!
And if you feel that you have a good memory but end up forgetting everything in the exam hall, have a read at our Top 5 Exam Hall Tips to avoid losing precious marks!